"need-to-know" when visiting Hội An
- 1. Please dress decently. Sleeveless blouse, drawers and over knee skirt or dress are not welcome inside the sightseeing places.
- 2. You have to be in good appearance and politeness anytime, anywhe-re to keep the beauty of Hoi An ancient town.
- 3. You should not kiss at public areas due to Vietnamese custom.
- 4. It’s an impolite action if changing clothes in front of someone. You should find a secret place.
- 5. You should not give gifts to children eventhough it is just small ones (such as: pens, candies, small changes,..) Because you can make them a bad habit if doing that.
- 6. Restaurants and shops are always ready to serve you. You should not listen to a gobetween or follow them to shopping places. Because you may have to pay them and you even do not know about the things you buy.
- 7. If you make a first purchase in a day f-rom a shop, you should buy something, no matter how small. By doing this, you will cre-ate the trust to the shop owner that she (he) is going to sell a lot of things at that day.
- 8. You should keep intactly what you bought in case of changing or returning.