Hoi An listed in the first ten of 40 Unforgettable Experiences to Have in Vietnam
The Huffingtonpost (USA) has recommended the 40 experiences to have in Vietnam. Taking a bike tour of the old town and getting a suit or dress tailor-made are interesting things to experience in Hoi An.
From must-do activities like cruising around Halong Bay or crawling through the Cu Chi Tunnels to brag-worthy feats like drinking snake wine or scuba diving in the South China Sea, here are the first ten of 40 unforgetable experiences to have in Vietnam:
1. Ride a classic cyclo, Vietnam's ubiquitous three-wheel bicycle taxis.
2. Tuck into a bowl of steaming pho at a street-side restaurant.
3. Light incense at the famous Perfume Pagoda, one of Vietnam's most famous Buddhist shrines.
4. Take a bike tour of Hoi An’s charming old town.
5. Hire a motorbike and zoom along the city streets.
6. Attend one of Vietnam's unique festivals like the Elephant Racing Festival in Tay Nguyen, the Huong Pagoda Festival or the Le Mat Snake Village Festival.
7. Take a hill tribe trek through the Sapa Valley.
8. Get a suit or dress tailor-made in Hoi An.
9. Learn about Vietnam's turbulent war years at the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City.
10. Watch a traditional water puppet show in Hanoi.